Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Trying Out a New Look

Well, dear Reader, I've switched up the format here just a little bit. I think I might like this template better than the other. But check me out, ever the unilateralist (and here you just thought I was a Monarchist), I'm springing it on my brothers without warning! If they nix it, we'll go back to the other format. Or we'll litigate. I don't know, we'll see.

I'm going to brush up on my WWI history, because what's been happening in the Middle East for the last week or so has that familiar, awful, runaway-train feel to it. There's probably a dozen different ways to think about the strategy at play in the Israel/Hezbollah conflict, and I've already got a bit of a headache, so maybe I'll take a shot at it tomorrow.

Other than that, wait a second...

Bush vetoed a bill sent to him by Congress! Bush vetoed a bill sent to him by Congress! Was he distracted when they brought it to him to sign? Could it have been an accident? Aw, who cares? What great news!

OK, I'm going to say it. Since when is upholding the Constitution strictly the role of the Judiciary? Aren't all elected officials, and the other Branches, bound by it? And my last question: why couldn't he have vetoed any of the other Constitutionally inconsistent garbage that has come across his desk (McCain-Feingold, for starters, anyone)?

I'd make a list, but I've got to get up in the morning and put in a full day.

No comments: