Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Our Two Party System

Of late, dear Reader, I have become fascinated with our two-party system. Of course, as you know, the last major third party was the GOP, which essentially displaced the Whig party.

There is an entire body of research out there on game theory and how it relates to political outcomes. I am Jack's raging curiosity (extra credit to those who get that movie reference).

So, give me some time and I'll do some looking into the topic.

Meanwhile, a few thoughts on Congressional elections...

Disenchanted as I have been with the GOP, I yet hope that they retain power in both houses of Congress. They are, at its most expedient, the lesser of two evils and probably not going to totally screw up the country. I say: probably.

I'll definitely have more to say on this topic, especially as it relates to game theory and our political system.

-AH

No comments: