Saturday, February 02, 2008

Excellent Blog Award

This blog was rated "excellent" by our conservative friends at the Maritime Sentry. We sincerely appreciate their recognizing us. I'm going to follow the same format they used in this, my post.

"The rules: By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. Thank you out there for having such great blogs and being such great friends! You deserve this! Feel free to award people who have already been awarded."

While part of me sheepishly admits that this sounds mildly like an e-mail forward, which I delete with extreme prejudice, I think it's a wonderful idea for blogs, which thrive through increased readership and recognition.



This is a great opportunity for each of us in this space to recognize some of our favorite blogs; I encourage my co-conspirators - excuse me! contributors - to do the same. Here is a list of the blogs I present this Excellent Blog Award to (in no particular order):

1. View From The Right
2. The Maritime Sentry
3. Reflecting Light
4. Webster's Blogspot (which in many respects has eclipsed this blog)
5. Vanishing American
6. Illinois Review
7. Conservablogs
8. Backyard Conservative
9. Katie's Dad
10. The Light Bulb

Ack! Just ten?? I could go on, and would, except I trust that my co-contributors will share their own lists and cover those excellent blogs that I ran out of room to mention. Please visit these folks and if you're on the list, consider making your own.

3 comments:

DR said...

Thank you for including us on your list. We consider it an honor coming from such a distinguished group of bloggers. I hope Webster understands that I was considering him as a co-blogger here when we filled out our list. It was extremely difficult to just name 10.

Vanishing American said...

Michael, I am honored. Thank you!
-VA

Michael Tams said...

DR and VA,

You earned it. Everyone on the list did.

-MT