Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Alex Update

Hey Dear Reader, it's been a while, hasn't it?

What can I say, I've been busy. Work remains priority #2, following family, and it's been hectic. But, #2 feeds #1, so I'm making hay. Before I get hammered with "where's religion on that list?" let me say that faith is such an integral part of my everyday life that I would just as soon rank "breathing", "eating", or "brushing my teeth" if you see where I'm going here. My hobbies - this here blog, for one - rank somewhere down the list.

I've read a short book, Happiness is a Serious Problem by Dennis Prager, one of my favorite radio personalities. I've started Godless by You-Know-Who, and already she had me laughing out loud at her comments.

Some recent observations...

Robert Novak seems to be less pessimistic about the GOP's chances in the November elections. What was deemed a sure loss of both the House and the Senate before recess now seems more in doubt. Which means the GOP won't lose both, and if they get their message right in the next 2 months, won't lose either.

The Administration has done a nice job recently in framing the discussion on our necessary involvement in Iraq. Bin Laden himself pictures it as the capital of the caliphat, lest any Demos think that Iraq has nothing to do with the War on Terror.

Hope y'all had a good Labor Day holiday. I'll try and post again before Monday, when I'll have some thoughts to share. Until then, be good and do good.

No comments: