Friday, December 29, 2006

A Time For Resolutions

I happen to be a pretty big fan of resolutions.

I suppose this is because I'm sort of a serial self-improver. This can be annoying to others, I know. The key to making resolutions work for you - not just now, but anytime of the year - is to be realistic and make sure they're measurable. I think those two qualifying characteristics are the difference between success and failure in changing something about yourself.

So what do I resolve this year? I resolve that I'm going to not let my professional life influence my personal life. That should be an easy one to measure - ask me how happy my family is anytime in the coming year, and the answer will be a pretty good indication of how well I'm doing. Being a good husband and father are top priorities.

I resolve to watch less TV and read more. I'll keep track and let you know how many books I read in 2007.

I resolve to jump in with both feet to more political activities. If you've been reading here, you know what I'm going to be doing in the coming year. I hope that I can reach out to more people and share my - our - philosophy on government.

I resolve to try and make reading the Bible a habit. I had a good stretch this year when I was reading it every day, but I'll have to work at it again.

Of course, I'll work to exceed the successes I had this year and eliminate the disappointments.

Here's a toast to you, Dear Reader: may the coming year bring blessings innumerable, good health, happiness, and of course, success. Enjoy the coming holiday, and as always, be safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the new year bring us all improved health, stronger families, a more informed citizenry and a greater base of knowledge to support our faith in God.

Terry Morris said...

"May the new year bring us all improved health, stronger families, a more informed citizenry and a greater base of knowledge to support our faith in God."

Amen! Thanks, Mom.

And may we all resolve to put forth our best efforts in this new year to invite and welcome the blessing of God in these worthy desires and goals...

-DW